Saturday, May 23, 2015

The music extraction

Listening to certain music and images always seems to pull something new out of me, like a side of me that I may have known existed, but just isn't something I can maintain when push comes to shove.
I often have to change to fit the holes I find myself thrown into, but I do have some sides I wish I could be all the time and still fit...
At about 3:50, it starts to really come together for me, the rest is decent enough background music.
Games and movies are a place where the world can be shaped to bring out the sides you wish could bare the burden of this sad place.  The sides so grand this world just appears as a vacuum that sucks the life right out.  In order to survive we often become so small ourselves, so purposeless that the meaninglessness and stupid problems that we are presented with don't seem "not worth our time".
In order to really create beauty that our real selves can shine in, we need to be more than one person, or we need a world shaped to support that existence.  Games are a glorious place for this dream to become a reality, but most developers see it only as a place to experience "new things" or even worse, as an emotional stimulant alone.
The difference between the opinions I often have is that yes, there are things I want out of a game.  I want to get excited and happy, I do want that emotional stimulous.  But that is not my end.  There is no end goal, no point I am trying to reach at which I will then be satisfied.  No, I want to reach the next mark so I may take a breather, get my wits about me, and continue even further forward.  The stopping is something I cannot bare even in my weakest hours.
I hope some developer one day realises this, I won't be able to make the games myself so it's up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment